Research On Your Own
- Google Scholar Advanced Search - https://scholar.google.com/ Search scholarly literature across disciplines and sources, including abstracts, articles, books, and theses. At Google Scholar basic search field, click down arrow to display advanced limiters.
- AllRefer - http://reference.allrefer.com/ - Online directory of resources by subject: earth & environment, history, literature & arts, health & medicine, people, philosophy & religion, places, plants & animals, science & technology, social science, law, sports, everyday life, and more.
- Bartleby - http://www.bartleby.com - Online literature and reference, including classics, poetry, biographies, quotes, encyclopedias, and other reference books.
- Virtual Reference Desk - http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/virtualref.html - Selected web resources on a wide range of topics from the Library of Congress.
- Internet Public Library - http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/virtualref.html - Searchable, subject directory of authoritative websites; links to online texts, newspapers, and magazines; special sections for kids and teens; and special collections on a variety of topics.
Academic Research & Writing
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL) - https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ - Online guide to the writing process, from pre-writing, to outlines, formulating research questions, citing and formatting for specific writing styles, grammar, and more.
- EBSCO Database Tutorials - http://support.ebsco.com/tutorials/ - 3-5 minute tutorials to help new researchers with the basics of EBSCO database searching and experienced researchers with advanced techniques. Covers a wide range of databases by type and users’ information needs.
- Evaluating Information Found on the Internet - http://guides.library.jhu.edu/evaluatinginformation - Research guide from Johns Hopkins University Libraries highlighting what to consider when evaluating websites or print media for academic research, distinguishing propaganda and misinformation, and evaluating social media.
- Plagiarism.org - http://www.plagiarism.org/article/what-is-plagiarism - Interactive guide to learning about plagiarism and citing sources.